Using the iPad camera

I am working with 1st grade to help them use the iPad to create content. When you create content you almost always run into the using pictures, and many of the apps we use on the iPad can incorporate pictures the students take them self. So today I introduced the 1st graders on how to use the camera on the iPad to take pictures.

I always start my classes by reviewing and modeling the iPad rules and proper iPad handling they can never hear this too many times. I then modeled for them how to take pictures and how to delete pictures, zoom in, zoom out, focus. They took turns coming up and doing it with me. I then handed out the iPads according to what iPad number they were assigned.

I assigned them to work in pairs to take pictures of each other, they explored the zoom in and zoom out effects (making a pinch motion with two fingers to zoom in and spreading them out to zoom out) they practiced taking close up pictures of objects, explored different focusing points by putting a finger on the part of the picture you want to be focused. In the end they learned how to delete all the photos they took on the iPad then they used the cleaning clothes to wipe of all their fingerprints so the iPads are nice and clean for the next class to use!!

As a final celebration all the students chose a favorite picture they took of their friend and put it up in front of their own face like a mask. This is what it looked like!










No comments: